Prime Minister Modi Meets Pakistani PM Nawaz Sharif
The meeting between PM Narendra Modi and Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif has started in Ufa,Russia in the backdrop of SCO summit. The meet comes at a time when the tensions between the arch rivals are high. Pakistan recently had claimed the use of nuclear power at the slightest of use of force by India. India after it's successful counter terrorism operation in Myanmar had sent a clear message to Pakistan.
Pakistan recently had pulled India in regard to the Kashmir issue to UN but was black faced when one of it's closest ally and a permanent member of UN had rejected Pakistan's claim. Peace and counter terrorism will be two topics to surely be discussed by the leaders but India's Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar has confirmed improvement of 'mutual trade' and 'economics' will be given due importance and has asserted both countries are eager to forge ahead peacefully and support trade between the nation's.
Key Points of the Meeting
1. Bilateral and regional concerns were addressed during the meet.
2. PM Narendra Modi will be visiting Pakistan in 2016 for the SAARC summit.
3. The verdict in the 26/11, Mumbai attack will be expedited and PM Narendra Modi asks Nawaz to reconsider Lakhvi's case for continued peace.
4. India and Pakistan agree for the release of all fishermen in the next 15 days.
5. National Security Adviser Ajit Doval and his counter part Sartaj Aziz to meet in New Delhi to discuss all issues connected to terrorism.
6. PM Modi, Nawaz Sharid condemn terrorism in all forms and decide to take steps to deal with the menace, says Indo-Pak joint statement
7. Early meetings of DG BSF and DG Pakistan Rangers for sorting out any border issues.
8. Countries agree to setup mechanism for improving religious tourism.
9. "I am satisfied with talks. The two Foreign Secretaries have prepared a road map. Will talk to you regarding this," Pak PM Nawaz Sharif to Indian media.
10. Top military command to meet in order to de-escalate tension along the border, National Security Adviser Ajit Doval.
Article By Karthik Kakoor